Monday, May 5

Rain on the river


Quite honestly, this is one of my favorite pictures. Certainly not without its flaws (I am fairly certain that is my shadow down the middle and the only reason the rock is there is to break up the scene, something which could have been more subtly and effectively accomplished with more thought), but there is such a rich texture to this river and a full range of contrast. The ripples on the river suitably set against the rough rock. I thinks it is a wonderful picture, even if it is just the appreciation of a moment, no greater philosophy behind it.

Conditions were just right for this too. It was a light summer rain, enough to be refreshing without being a downpour, and the clouds were just thin enough to provide ample light without glare on the water. I am unlikely to come across that again any time soon.

No comments: