Monday, November 21

Time

Time moves funny at college. The individual days seem tremendously long, but, as a whole, they move along so quickly. Take last weekend for example. I went on the two night freshmen retreat and didn't see many of my friends in that period. It seemed like a dreadfully long time, as though I had missed so much, but it was only two bleeding nights! Then I consider how fast the semester has gone by. Thanksgiving break is coming up on Wednesday, and Christmas break starts two weeks after that. It really doesn't seem that long ago that I was prowling the campus in my shorts and flip-flops.

Is this a good thing? I like to think so. When the days seem so long, and I miss people after such a short time, I must be appreciating things so much. With the time moving so fast as a whole though, it brings me closer to the time I can return to Baudette and see my family again. The only downside is that I don't send out enough e-mails to my family because it doens't seem I sent the last one that long ago.

My, what a short post.

No comments: