Sunday, July 31

Winning

I assume everyone enjoys winning, to prove in competition that they are superior to their opponents. However, I believe there is something better, a good competition where everyone is pushed to their limits, and no one takes any cheap shots which the losers can grouse over afterwards. I would rather lose in one of those than win in a blow out.

I have a distaste for teams and people that seem unbeatable. I hated the Bulls when Michael Jordan was leading them to championship after championship. I've never liked the Yankees though their invincibility is certainly up for dispute. Really disliked the Cowboys, and that dislike has been transferred to the Patriots. Michael Phelps and Lance Armstrong are on my list of least favorite athletes too. For some reason, I've never had a problem with Tiger Woods though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why am I not surprised by this post? It sounds like it came from the mind of someone who sympathizes with the idea of communism. It also makes sense that you have this point of view, since you competed in individual sports that seem to emphasize personal records far more than victories. It's funny looking back at when you wrote this, because I wonder if your opinion of Tiger Woods has changed it all, knowing what we know now.